The British and Irish Lions and the South African Rugby Union have agreed on a programme of ten matches for the 2009 Lions Tour to South Africa. The much-anticipated tour will include three Test matches against the Springboks. The Lions will play matches in seven cities over a period of six weeks. The tour schedule includes six weekend fixtures and four midweek matches. The Test matches against the Springboks are on 20th June in Durban, the 27th June in Pretoria and the 4th July in Johannesburg.
Book online at http://www.africasafari.co.za/British_Lions_rugby_tour_2009
- Sat 30 May: Highveld XV, Rustenberg
- Wed 3 Jun: Golden Lions, Ellis Park, Johannesburg
- Sat 6 Jun: Cheetahs, Vodacom Park, Bloemfontein
- Wed 10 Jun: Sharks, ABSA Stadium, Durban
- Sat 13 Jun: Western Province, Newlands, Cape Town
- 15/16 Jun: Coastal XV, Port Elizabeth
- Sat 20 Jun: South Africa, ABSA Stadium, Durban
- Tue 23 Jun: Emerging Springboks, Newlands, Cape Town
- Sat 27 Jun: South Africa, Loftus Versfeld, Pretoria
- Sat 4 Jul: South Africa, Ellis Park, Johannesburg.
We have already secured the accommodation for these tours and believe that these tours are unique to any other tours being offered around this very exciting series. Because of the great demand for accommodation and tours around this time, we will unfortunately only be able to reserve on a “first come, first served” basis, and will, also understandably, request an immediate 25% non-refundable deposit payment to secure your place on the tour of your choice.
Tariffs are quoted in South African Rand (ZAR) indicated as “R” and tariffs do not include lunches (except where specified), drinks, purchases, telephone calls, gratuities, etc. Transport will be in 8 or 12-seater mini-busses, with between four and six persons per vehicle, each vehicle with a qualified guide.